Image Map

Thursday 29 November 2012

Review | Soap & Glory's Thick & Fast Mascara

No mascara | 2 Coats
 Soap & Glory's Thick & Fast Mascara in Super Jet Black £10

Soap & Glory are probably well known for their skin care products that smell amazing and come in beautiful packaging. I never thought about trying their makeup line until last year when I saw Elle magazine was giving away a free Thick & Fast mascara, so I decided to give it a go.
This mascara retails for £10 for 10ml of product in the colour Super Jet Black. 

The packaging of the mascara, as always with Soap & Glory, is very pretty and easily catches your eye. The tube itself is black plastic with pink writing on, which kind of reminds me of Benefit's Bad Gal Lash mascara. 
The wand and brush of this mascara does look quite daunting because it is very big and could be difficult for people with small eyes. However, I find this wand very easy to work with as it is about the same size as my eye, so coats all of my lashes evenly. The brush doesn't make the mascara clump on my eyes, but I do turn the brush as the apply to minimise any clumping. Also the wand is made from bristle hairs instead of plastic, which I find gives a more natural look as it doesn't clump as easy. There isn't any real fancy gimmick to the actual mascara brush, it's a pretty standard wand but does the job very well.

"Superfill false lash effect shine amplifiers and no flake technology."

The mascara formula is also very good. It's super (jet) black, so can create a really dramatic eye with the help of eyeliner and eyeshadow, or be used alone for a more natural look. I have thin, long eye lashes, but I find this mascara lengthens and thickens my lashes very well. I do like to layer it up a lot to make my lashes even thicker than in the photo (about 4 coats) for when I'm doing a more dramatic eye. 
In the quote it states that it is a "no-flake" mascara which I completely agree with. I've never had problems with this mascara flaking or falling on to my face throughout the day. I haven't noticed my eyelashes to be any shinier than usual, but the finish of the mascara is good and it stays on my lashes well. I also think you get quite a lot of product as I have been using this mascara daily for quite a while and each tube seems to last a good amount of time, about 4 months.

What's your everyday mascara?
 

24 comments:

  1. My friend had this when it came as a freebie last year, and when I tried it I was really impressed! :)

    pariswhenitspink.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good :) Although I would expect it to be because it is £10! xx

      Delete
  2. I was so surprised to see how natural this mascara looks on your lashes. Your lashes are long anyway without the mascara, but with 2 coats it just gives it that extra something :) I love mascaras that look natural and non-clumpy~ Thanks for reviewing xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it can be used to create a natural look like above, or you can layer it up so it's more dramatic :) So it's a great mascara xx

      Delete
  3. Your camera quality is so good!

    issymushroom.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this looks like SUCH a nice mascara!! Your lashes look perfect for the daytime with it on and I feel like a day mascara is getting harder and harder to find now-a-days.

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com
    ENTER MY GIVEAWAY WORTH $500!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just 1 or 2 layers of this would be perfect for a day time look :) xx

      Delete
  5. great review I constantly use max factor false lash effect but I want to try something new!!!
    Nicole
    xox

    http://ramblingbeauty-nicolelou.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm yet to try that but I've heard it's really good :) xx

      Delete
  6. I've been eyeing this product up for a while now and was a bit dubious due to the pricing! But i may just have to pick it up next time i'm in boots!

    www.fashionandbeautyrelated.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is at the higher end of high street prices and I do wish it was a pound or two cheaper, but it is definitely worth £10 :) Plus Boots usually have a 3 for 2 offer on, so would be a great time to pick one up! xx

      Delete
  7. wow thats given a lot of length to your eyelashes xx

    ravingbeautyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good at lengthening :) A great all round mascara! xx

      Delete
  8. your lashes look fab with it! really gives them length!

    theistyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I do love the length it gives my lashes xx

      Delete
  9. I use a mega cheap miss sporty mascara at the moment, this one looks fab though it makes your lashes look huge! Your blog layout is so pretty :)

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think cheap brands including Natural Collection are great for mascaras :) Thank you xx

      Delete
  10. looks good! my favorite mascara right now is smashbox.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like this mascara although I wish it was waterproof! :) x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they have a waterproof version, so that would be amazing if they made one! xx

      Delete
  12. Brilliant review! Absolutely love this mascara!

    Honey
    www.imhoneyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still have Soap & Glory on my list of things to try! Found you via- The May Issue blog hop! Come over an visit if you get some time!

    xo's - your newest follower,

    www.afabtail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting. I love reading your comments and will try to reply to everyone's questions. If you have any questions you want to ask me directly, tweet me @beautybelleamie or e-mail me at belle-amiebeauty@hotmail.com ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...